Azhdaya's Laire

Here to Learn & Share ~

Grimoire ~

Forum Home > Blessed Samhain ~ > Samhain Rituals & Recipes ~

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

Please feel free to share here any / all Samhain Rituals or practice . . .

October 30, 2010 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

~ Celtic New Year ~

. . . and Night of Honouring our Ancestors!!!

October 30, 2010 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

A Personal Favourite Tradition of Mine ~

On this, a most Sacred of Nights in Pagan Tradtition,  my favourite way of Celebrating is to first to Set up an Altar, first with representations of each of the 4 Elements (i.e. Wood or Plant Material for Earth, Incence for Aire, Candles for Fire and a Bowl or Chalice of Water) . . . I then place Floating Candles in the Water, one to represent each/any Loved One who had Passed this year & one place to represent all my Ancestors . . . Finally, I add items representing an abundant Harvest & New Year (i.e. Gourds, Dried Corn, Horn of Plenty, etc.) . . .

Then I decorate the Home & Door with Pumpkins, Gourds & Corn (various symbols of the Harvest & Abundance) . . . 

Then, I like to play various Celtic and/or "Sabbat-Themed" Music, as I design & Carve my Pumpkins,  which I then put in the Windows to help Guide the for our Ancestors & Loved Ones who have Passed this year . . . '

I usually do this at the beginning of October . . . Then,  on All Hallow's Eve (October 31st),  I set up the Table for the Samhain Feast with all the various Sabbat Foods I've prepared,  being sure to Set a Place for each/any Loved One who had Passed this year & one place to represent all my Ancestors . . . Then my Family all gather together at the Table, say our Blessings (Giving Thanks to the Goddess for our abundant Harvest and all we are Blessed with this year and Honouring & Remembering our Ancestors,  giving them for their Guidance & Wisdom) . . .

We then dig in and enjoy the Feast and each other's company!!!  : )

October 30, 2010 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

Flying, of course, is another of my Fave ways to Celebrate!!!  ;)

Please feel free to  ADD your Fave Rituals, Recipes, etc. . . .  :)

October 30, 2010 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

Setting up the Altar for our Loved Ones & Ancestors and a place at the Table to Share the Harvest Feast! . . .

As we sit down to a Harvest Feast on this Blessed Samhain eve, may we remember to give Thanks to our Great Mother Earth for her bountiful Gifts . . .

May we also Honour & Give Thanks to our Ancestors, whose Wisdom Guides us and may we remember to include our Loved Ones, who have passed on this passed year! . . .

Finally, may we gather together to Meditate on how best we can each Share our Blessed Gifts with others & the World in the New Year to come! . . .

Azhdaya Ravenwolf ~

How our YOU celebrating this Blessed Night? . . .

October 31, 2010 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

As always, please feel free to ADD to this (or ANY/ALL) Threads . . .

Afterall, we are here to Learn & Share!  :)

--

Every Teacher is a Student, every Student a Teacher ~

~ Azhdaya Ravenwolf 

October 16, 2015 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.