by Jillbe Badb

Altar:

A White Altar Cloth

Candle with three wicks

Cauldron

19 tea lights

Caregl or goblet of water

cakes and ale (or equivalent)

anything else that fits midwinter (be creative)

Preparation:

Bathe or shower for purification.

Ground and center.

When ready, put on some soothing Celtic music.

Ritual chant:

Within the darkness the Lady is stirring,

Brigid is awakening from frozen dreams,

How long have I awaited this moment,

The return of She as the Maiden,

With Her promise of oncoming Spring!

Calling 7 directions:

East: I call on the hawk at dawn soaring in the clear pure air, to bless me with the powers of the East.

South: I call on the great stag running in the forest and the inner fire of the sun, to bless me with the powers of the South.

West: I call upon the salmon of wisdom that dwells within the sacred waters of the pool, to bless me with the powers of the West.

North: I call upon the great bear of the starry heavens and the deep and fruitful earth, to bless me with the powers of the North.

Above: "I call upon the endless constellations of the animal and the divine to bless me with the powers of Above.

Below: I call upon the roots, rocks and waters below as living parts of Mother Gaia to bless me with the powers of Below.

Within: I call upon that which is animal and divine in me – the living energy that guides my journey to bless me with the powers of Within.

Invocation of Brigid:

I call the Brilliant one, creator of the smith's fire, the healer's fire, and the hearth fire.

I call the Primordial Mother, maker of the well of vision, the well of inspiration, and the well of healing.

I call the Three-Faced Wise One, the midwife and baker, brewer and weaver, singer and giver of all great gifts.

I call upon Brigid of the blessings and graces.

I call on Brigid in all Her names, giver of inspiration - Fire in the Head that enflames with the gift of Awen, creativity which flows from You to me, your eternal child.

Brigid, beloved, I am your servant

I tend your flame in adoration

Oh nineteen fires of service, and flame of peace

Brigid, beloved, I am your storyteller

Fan my flames of creativity

Through prose and poetry the world may heal

Brigid, beloved, I am your follower

May your own flame always ignite mine

As I try to serve the world through your eyes

Magick:

Now is the time for meditation and any spell workings. Spell workings associated with Imbolc include those for fertility, defining goals for the future, organization, health, and protection. Next, celebrate with cakes and ale, saving some for the Sidhe and ancestors.

The Waters of Life:

As winter melts into spring, may Gaia, our earth, bring forth her healing waters.

(Now drink the Waters of Life, leaving a little, then pour on candle or in cauldron.)

To you we return this portion of your bounty, our Mother Gaia, even as we return to you.

Releasing 7 directions:

[Call on them in reverse, saying, “I release you” instead of “I call you.”]

Thank you, Brigid - Mother of All Druids - for your presence for this ritual.

Thank you, Deities, Sidhe, Ancestors and Nature Spirits for your presence for this ritual.

Go if you must, stay if you will. You are released.

March 20, 2010 at 6:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.