Azhdaya's Laire

Here to Learn & Share ~

Grimoire ~

Forum Home > Spells, Enchantments, Potions, Etc. > Love Potions ~

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

~ Vanilla-Infused Body Oil ~

By Melissa Breyer, Senior Editor, Care2 Healthy and Green Living

I happen to find vanilla incredibly sensual—its aroma is so deliciously soft and round, with just the subtlest edge for tension. I always seem to have vanilla beans infusing something or another in my kitchen: Raw sugar, vodka, honey . . .

Vanilla has become a hot fragrance in the beauty market, so I thought I’d give some body oil a shot. This super simple formula was inspired by the great body care book Organic Body Care Recipes by Stephanie Tourles (Storey Publishing, 2007), and calls for only two ingredients, plus a few months of infusing time. Jojoba oil is a fantastic-fantastic (did I tell you it was fantastic?) moisturizer and all around miracle that has many uses and works for all types of skin. Infused with deep, fragrant vanilla just makes it all the better . . . Use it as a massage oil, or for a full-body moisturizing scent. . .

3 long vanilla beans

1 1/2 cups jojoba oil

1. Slice the vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape the seeds from each bean, and add it to a glass jar. Chop the empty bean pods into one-inch pieces and add to the jar. Cap the jar and shake the mixture for one minute . . .

2. Store the jar in a dark place for two months to allow the vanilla essence to infuse the oil. During this time, shake the jar every day for 10 to 15 seconds . . .

3. After two months, strain the oil through a tight-mesh strainer, coffee filter, or nylon stocking, then pour the oil into an elegant glass storage bottle . . .

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/make-vanilla-infused-body-oil.html

Also try these other Aromatherapy Love Potions:

http://azhdayaslaire.webs.com/apps/forums/show/2850708-essential-oils-aromatherapy-

February 9, 2010 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

~ Organic/Orgasmic Valentine’s Day Cocktails ~

by Veronica Peterson

I don’t know about you, but for me Valentine’s day is not about a $200 bottle of wine or a dinner reservation that took months to get, but instead, a festive ritual meant to be spent with the one (or ones) you love in whatever way you chose to celebrate each other . . .

Of course, nothing adds to the merriment like an organic cocktail made just for the occasion. Newlyweds Jay Esopenko and Melissa Gugni, owners of Drink Event Bartending in San Francisco, have designed a couple especially for us. Enjoy! . . .

Love Potion #12:

2 oz. organic 100% pomegranate juice

1 1/2 oz. Square One organic vodka

1/2 blood orange squeezed

1/2 lime squeezed

1/4 to 1/2 oz. simple syrup (1/2 raw sugar–1/2 water dissolved)

. . .Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into a cocktail glass. Float 3 fresh cranberries for garnish . . .

Raspberry Bliss (non alcoholic):

6 organic raspberries

2 sprigs of fresh organic thyme

1/2 organic Meyer lemon

1/2 oz. simple syrup (1/2 raw sugar–1/2 water dissolved)

3 oz. sparkling water

. . . Remove the leaves from one sprig of thyme and add with 5 raspberries to a shaker. Muddle. Add lemon juice, simple syrup and ice. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into a hi-ball glass filled with ice. Top with sparkling water and garnish with a raspberry and sprig of thyme.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/organic-valentines-day-cocktails.html

February 9, 2010 at 7:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.