Azhdaya's Laire

Here to Learn & Share ~

Grimoire ~

Forum Home > Dreams & Dream Interpretation ~ > Owl, Moon & Tree ~

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

It's been a stessful last couple of years and it's been reflecting in my dreams, as well . . . I used to be able to "escape" into my dreams, but I guess the stress has been so overwhelming that I haven't even been able to do that, either.

So, it's been quite a while since I've actually been able to enjoy a dream (which used to be one of my favorite "passtimes") . . . Last night was the first time in a long, long time that I've actually felt good during and after a dream . . .

Last night I dreamt of "Tree Person" who was missing . . . In my dream, I was in bed looking out of a window at night and saw child (a young boy) standing in the front yard of a house across the street - He was with his father, but the father was out of eye sight.

The little boy was standing on the corner of the yard and saying:  "It was here" (meaing the Tree, I suppose) . . . Then he moved around the yard, stopping a various points and saying something that I could not hear or make out.

Suddenly an Owl (or possibly some other animal that suddenly turned into an Owl came into view and took off into flight . . . As it flew up to the roof of another house, it grew larger and larger and by the time it landed on the roof, it was a huge Owl.

The huge Owl perched on top of the roof and seemed to stare down, right at me . . . Then it flew off and, as I followed it's flight path, I saw the Moon come into view behind the gable of the house.

The Moon was big and a fiery red color, but the bottom part of it seemed to be rippling, as if it was reflected in water - only it was like that up in the sky.

The next thing I remember is my husband waking up (within the dream) and me asking him: "Did you see that moon last night"?

November 20, 2014 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Azhdaya Ravenwolf
Site Owner

If anyone has any insight as to what this dream might mean, I would appreciate any insight? . . .

I know that the Owl can tends to represent: wisdom, insight, magic, expanded awareness and virtue and it could also mean that the intuitive part of you is calling for attention

And a Red Moon is supposed to be "the cosmic seed of awakened awareness" and that one is on a "quest of self-remembrance" and becoming a "receiver for cosmic consciousness".

Dreaming of a Child  can indicate a wish to wish to return to a life where you had little responsibility and worries, which would make sense in my case, since I have been under such stress for a while now (It can also mean some childhood anxiety has yet to be resolved in your adult life or that one may be retreating back to a childlike state and longing for the past) . . . One interpretation put it like this: "You are trying to still satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Perhaps there is something that you need to see grow and nurture." . . . "Dream child can also depict feelings regarding your growth or vulnerability" and "To dream that you are watching children but they do not know you are there is a metaphor for some hidden knowledge or some latent talent which you have failed to recognize."

In researching the symbolism of dreaming of a Tree, it said: "A tree is associated with your life. The roots are your foundations of life. The trunk and branches are elements of your existence. In summary, a dream of a tree is a symbolic meaning of life. The tree is a representation of how life grows and the connection to your family and relatives. In particular, this dream represents different elements of your self-development through your experiences in waking life." . . . But the fact that the Tree (or Tree Spirit of "Tree Person") in my dream was missing somehow - What does that mean, I suppose??

I thought perhaps that, since the moon seemed to represent at least 3 of the Elements (Air - since it is in the sky, Fire - being a fiery red color & Water - with the rippling effect) and only the Elemnt of Earth was missing (as was the Tree, which would represent Earth), perhaps it was telling me that I have been neglecting the Earth Element?? . . . I was born under the Element of Air, so the fact that the Owl (which could represent Air) was the one that revealed the Moon (and 3 of the other Elements could make sense) - Also, I have been working toward my Aromatherepy Certification (Aromatherapy uses Plant Essences and, therefore, could be part of the Earth Element), but it got put on hold when health issues with my husband arose.

So, maybe the dream was telling me I need to get back to my Aromathereapy Certification lessons (or at least to not totally forget about it)??

Anyway, again, if anyone has any more ideas re: this dream, please feel free to Share.  :)

--

Every Teacher is a Student, every Student a Teacher ~

~ Azhdaya Ravenwolf 

November 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.